This is a homemade cough/cold remedy that works wonders. It's helped us many times. Thyme is anti-viral and the syrup is also soothing for a sore throat. For best results take at first onset of symptoms. As with most natural remedies, early and often dosing is best, decreasing as your symptoms improve.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 bunch of thyme (fresh organic preferred, small package from store or handful or two from your garden)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup raw honey (use maple syrup for babies <1 year)
1. Pour near boiling water over thyme.
2. Steep for 15 minutes, then pour through a fine mesh strainer.
3. Add lemon and honey, and then pour into glass jar to store.
You can store this mixture for up to one week in the fridge.Take 1 to 2 tablespoons every 3-4 hours, as needed. Children can do a teaspoon or two, this homemade natural remedy is safe and gentle.